Thursday, April 16, 2009

Rockets and Parachutes

Hey Everyone!
It's been awhile since I posted. Well last week I worked on Rocket and their thrust. So I took a orange juice carton,tape,contruction paper.You cut out of the construction paper a cone for the top of the rocket and triangles for the sides of the rocket. Also you are supposed to cut a hole in the bottom of the carton to stick a ballon in it to make it move. Whe I tried that, I didn't even move. So we got a card board box and cut openings on each side of the box and attched a rubberband striaght accross the back of the box to sling shot it out of the box. After we did that, I was supposed to attach a parachute on the end of the rocket with string, When I did that I realized that it slowed the force of the rocket down almost half.
Rocket Girl

2 comments:

  1. check out the story of a guy building a 1/10th scale Saturn V rocket

    http://www.rocketryplanet.com/content/view/2829/38/

    is that too big to still be a MODEL rocket?

    ReplyDelete